The market today, is flooded with all types of medicines, shampoos, hair oils, lotions and what not, as solutions for hair loss, but most of these do not work and actually make people poorer by a few Dollars, by exploiting their psychology.
In allopathy, that is conventional treatment, minoxidil, hormone therapy and steroids are used with limited success, although the side effects, like skin irritation, palpitations, scarring of the scalp, weight gain, metabolic abnormalities, acne and menstrual problems are numerous.
Homeopathy, on the other hand, is an ideal solution. The treatment is decided after a complete and thorough case taking by a qualified homeopathic doctor. In homeopathy, there are 177 remedies for alopecia or hair loss and the homeopath has to analyze your case systematically to choose the right medicine for you. This is what makes homeopathy safe, sure and systematic for alopecia or hair loss treatment.
The commonly used homoeopathic remedies for hair fall are Acidum fluoricum, Acidum phosphoricum, Arnica, Jaborandi, Mag carbonicum, Mezereum, Natrum muriaticum, Phosphorus, Selenium, Sepia, Wiesbaden and Zincum phosphoricum.
However, these medicines should be used only as per the directions of a qualified homeopathic doctor.
What is Alopecia (Hair Loss) ?
All of us have hair on the top and back of our heads. When this hair starts disappearing it is called alopecia, hair loss or baldness.
Usually, hair grows at the rate of 6 inches per year. Hair which we see, are composed of dead keratin cells which are pushed outwards by the new cells produced by the hair follicles.
An adult head has around 100,000 hairs. We naturally loose around 100 hairs per day which are naturally replaced all the time. So, if we find some hair on the pillow or hairbrush it does not mean that we suffer from alopecia or baldness.
Hair loss that spreads to cover the entire scalp area is called alopecia totalis. If the alopecia spreads over the entire body, affecting the scalp, eyebrows, eyelashes, beard, pubic hair, and everything else, then the condition is called alopecia universalis. If the alopecia is just limited to the beard/moustache area in men, it is called alopecia areata barbae or simply alopecia barbae.
Causes of Alopecia (Hair Loss)
- Genetic predisposition: Genes from our parents influence our tendency to have male or female pattern baldness.
- Severe illness.
- Iron deficiency.
- Following child birth.
- Extreme stress.
- General anesthesia.
- High fever, especially due to typhoid.
- Thyroid dysfunction.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Medical treatments like chemotherapy used in cancer, anticoagulants, beta-adrenergic blockers used to control blood pressure, oral contraceptives and retinoids used in treatment of acne and skin diseases.
- scalp injuries.
- Chemicals used in products to dye hair, bleach, perm hair and / or purify swimming pools.
Home Remedies and Alopecia (Hair Loss)
- Shampoos and conditioners do not treat baldness but overusing them, actually causes dryness of scalp and hair. All shampoos are just scented detergents with lathering agents - even the ones which are called natural, herbal or vitamin enhanced. One should not shampoo the hair every day, because they dry up the natural oil of the hair and head, which is actually, very important. Washing hair twice a week is more than enough. It is also important to dilute the shampoo before using, because they are generally, too concentrated. Shampoos and conditioners just clean the hair and nothing more; they do not treat alopecia or baldness.
- Proper brushing is very important, as it distributes the hair's natural oil. It would do more for the long-term health of your hair and scalp than wasting money on hair-care products. Start with 10 to 20 strokes a day and try to work up to 100. Be gentle and avoid brushing your hair when it is wet.
- Yoga, meditation and / or self hypnosis help in relaxation of stress, which may be a factor in some cases of hair loss.
- A balanced diet including fruits and vegetables, should be a norm.
- Try to avoid hot curlers, hair dryers, hair straightening, bleaches and cosmetics filled with chemicals which eventually result in broken, dry hair and thinning of hair. People who leave their hair in its natural texture and color are better off. Why put stress on your hair in pursuit of beauty ?
Herbal Treatment for Alopecia (Hair Loss)
- Massage your hair with essential oil of rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis).
- Rinse your hair with tea made from sage (Salvia officinalis).
Chinese Medicine in Alopecia (Baldness)
According to Chinese medicine, hair is nourished by the blood, which in turn is influenced by the liver and kidneys; so, the treatment is aimed at toning these organs. Some of the herbs which are used by Chinese doctors are as follows:
- Lycium fruit (Lycium barbarum).
- Polygonum (Polygonum multiflorum).
- Chinese yam (Dioscorea opposita).
- Chinese foxglove root (Rehmania glutinosa).
- Cornus (Cornus officinalis).
Please E-mail email@example.com for any questions/ treatment.